Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

have 5000 series washer washed clothes but door wont unlock

Customer Question

have 5000 series washer washed clothes but door wont unlock on front load machine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the full model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model number inside door its the top of the line 5000 series with steam
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes its a 5000 series but thats not the full model #, you say the door is locked? is the dispenser on the top or in the front on this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
top left
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
ok so this is a neptune? and the dispenser you open is on the top not front correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry front left
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
does this have a separate panel under the door in the front? or is it one piece all the way down? we need to get the door open to get the full model #
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a seperate panel
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay way down near the floor underneath there are screws holding that panel on, you almost have to lay on the floor to see them, take them out and remove the cover, let me know when you have that done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok cover off
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay you need to reach up where the door lock is and pull the small ring at the bottom of it to release the door and get it open.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i unlocked the door took clothes out still water in machine tried to run rinse and drain cycle door locked again machine didn't start and number flashing on led.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
did you get the full model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
#MHWE500VP00
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay great, you need to check your drain pump trap, get some towels there will be water, unscrew the cap slowly and sop up the water as you go, when no more water comes out remove the trap by unscrewing all the way and pull it out, check for obstructions. try the machine again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DRAINED IT THERE WAS A PIECE OF PLASTIC WRAP I THINK THAT CAME OUT I PLUGED IT BACK IN AND TRIED TO START IT AND RECIEVED A F01 MESSAGE ON THE LED SCREEN
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
This error is an EEPROM communication failure of the electronic control board. try unplugging this for 5 minutes and see if it resets.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I unpluged it tried to run it through cycles without anything in it . it started locked the machine and the started to flash the time for the load 50 minutes. also the door locked when it started and wont unlock.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you have a board issue, its not sending the signals to the machine control.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

the user interface, also know as the central control, its part # 6 on this diagram.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
there a link to it below.

link