Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a new HE washer, but I am having problems with the water

Customer Question

I have a new HE washer, but I am having problems with the water flow.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the model #? what kind of water flow problem ? fill or drain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
during the fill process, it starts to fill, then after a couple of minuites, it drains and the wash lite stays lit. In the book I received w/ the washer, it says if this happens, there is a water flow problem, I installed new lines, still same problem.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
do you have the model # XXXXX I can pull up the tech sheets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
110.26002011
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
have you run diagnostics yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do you do that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
there is a technical sheet in the control panel, you need to take the back panel off the control to get to it, it has diagnostics procedures on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX at work now an will not be able to do that till late this evening.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay, just come back tonight when you get home and I'll watch for your reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there a max lenght the hoses can be?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I believe 8 feet. how long is yours?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
11 feet
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
that may be the issue, these are made to only pump so far then they labor and you get a fault. how high is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6 feet

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
above the washer top ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
from the washer top to the water lines in my basement.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
this goes straight down into the basement? does the hose at any point go above the top of the washer by at least a foot or so?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
straight down to the basement , does not go above the washer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay this has to go up before it can go down into a drain. can you extend the drain so its above the top of the washer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, so the drain can affect the pressure of the clean water coming into the washer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes , the pressure sensor can be way off if its not connected to the drain correctly, it says that in your manual also . the drain has to be above the top of the washer.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for all your help today, I will take you advise and move the drain hose,
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay thanks, Bryan