Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My daughter accidentally put a small amount of dishwashing

My daughter accidentally put a small amount of dishwashing liquid directly into the dishwasher. There was a lot of foam, so I opened the drawer and the foam eventually disappeared. The dishwasher was off when both drawers started flashing on and off. I got the F1 code and cut power to the unit. There is no flood, but I guess the flood switch has been activated. Can I turn off this activated switch so I can use the dishwasher?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

F1 means there is water in the base pan under the bottom drawer. You need to pull the bottom drawer forward and there are 2 square push tabs just behind the front panel near the bottom on the right and left side. Push on these tabs and you can pull the drawer out further so that you can get behind the drawer and soak up the water in the base pan. When all the water out of the base pan, the F1 error will not return after you press cancel.