John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

We have a Kenmore refrigerator model(NNN) NNN-NNNN it seems to

We have a Kenmore refrigerator model(NNN) NNN-NNNN it seems to be working, however, noticed lately the cycle it's running is very short. It'll run about 5 mintues and stops, then starts running again in 15-20 minutes. Is this a problem that we need to find technician to look at?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Before calling anyone, check the condenser coil to see if there's a layer of dust blocking air flow through it. If there is, vacuum it off with a ShopVac. Also check to make sure the condenser air fan is turning to direct the air to the coil. The condenser coil assembly is located at the bottom of the fridge next to the compressor, behind the rear cover panel.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.