SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

Thermador Model # XXXXX 60” wide gas range, electric

Thermador Model # XXXXX 60” wide gas range, electric double oven combination gas/electric. This is a five year old Thermador professional 6 burner GAS range, plus GAS griddle, with two ELECTRIC oven’s below the cook-top. A smaller oven on the left and a larger oven on the right.

The problem is the smaller oven on the left side will broil but not bake. When we set it to temperature, the broiler comes on to help preheat the smaller oven, but it the baking element doesn't seem to turn on. I need some qualified help from a technician who has worked on Thermador previously. How do I test if it is just the bake element that needs replacing, or if it is something else. Anyway to test it conclusively. if it is the bake element, where can I order it online inexpensively. Thanks, Richard
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Turn off the breaker first. You will need to remove the side rails in the small oven and convection cover (if applicable) there are two screw that hold the element in place. Remove those and slide out the element. remove one wire and test for continuity on the element. If that checks ok then you will need to test for voltage at the two wires. Disconnect both and make sure they do not touch the metal. turn the breaker back on and start the bake cycle. Check for 240v across the two wires. If you do not have 240 then you will need to do some more tests on the boards and wires. I will look up the element part right now and get you the info as it is most likely the issue. Let me know what you find.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The element part number is XXXXX and can be purchased HERE Sears isn't the 100% cheapest but they are reasonable, fast and secure. You could also look at appliancepartspros.com or reliable.com.

Customer:

There was 240 accross the wires, and there was no continutity at the elements, so it probably needs replacing. Sounds good as this was the easiest thing to replace. What have you found for a parts number, or a reasonable place to purchase it. Richard

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you click the hyperlink text that says HERE above that should direct you to sears.com who sells it for 49$

Customer:

Why is Sears selling a Thermadore heating element? Or does Thermador use universal parts?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sears sells all sorts of bosch (who owns thermadore) parts. The parts aren't quite universal but very common. I'm not sure exactly how they get them but the parts are exactly the same.

Customer:

Does anyone have a picture or a diagram of this part # XXXXX? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX check out this part number, and if everything goes ok, I will accept.

Customer:

who has this bosch part the least exensive with free shipping on the internet?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'm not sure who has the absolute cheapest but it's going to be about 45$ everywhere. I don't think anyone will ship this for free because of the size. you may want to find a local bsh authorized company on Bosch's website and purchase it there. Or a google shopping search will find the cheapest online. I looked up the part on the Thermadore tech site and the part number is XXXXX Please remember that you have only a few days to accept or I get zip for compensation.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman