SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Why is My LG washer/dryer in one combo not drying my cloth

Why is My LG washer/dryer in one combo not drying my clothes?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 3 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. This unit does not have a lint trap. The moisture and lint are supposed to be converted to water and pumped out of the drain. Most likely you have lint clogged in the heater or condensation chamber. The heater is up top of the drum and the condensation chamber behind. You will need to remove the top and back panels and check these areas for blockage first. If they check ok then you can voltage test the heater system. These units are known for getting blocked fairly easily.

Customer :

Do I need to remove the back of the dryer??

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The back for the condensation chamber and the top for the heater. It could be clogged in either area so you can check either one first.

Customer :

ok thanks...I am a female....just to give a heads up. I am confused. Will I know what I am looking at once I remove the back of the dryer? I am going to look at it now. thanks.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You will see a large chamber mounted on the back of the drum that has screws along the trim. The hose will connect to the base of this chamber and the heater to the top. Remove the cover and check for lint. Just so you know these combo units are very complex and I don't know that i would attempt any major repair unless you are familiar with most tools and a voltage meter. the screws on the back are most likely the star kink so you may need to purchase a set depending on what tools you have. Let me know what you find.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'm going to step out of chat but will be notified as soon as you write here and will hop right back in. It may take you a while but I remain at your disposal.

Customer :

I removed the silver back panel. I do not see anything but, the drum that hold the clothes. Now, what do i look for? I don't see anything that would look like a lint trap

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Its not a lint trap but the main area that the hot air flows through. It is large. Click here for a picture of the chamber. The bottom of the pic is the rear of the machine and M101 is the chamber.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

you should see a small belt that attaches to the fan in the chamber.

Customer :

I have no idea....i may have to call someone. but, I did empty the excess water from the lower front bottom. I opened it with a wrench...Was that something I am supposed to do more often or it doesn't matter.... as far as the other thing....I am not sure I should go any further. is it easy to do or forget it...ha

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry it wasn't easier. This is not the best machine to learn how to be a tech on. Hope I have been informative. Please accept if you feel I have been helpfull. I do not get compensated for my time otherwise. Thanks, Sam

Customer :

i will accept. thank you for ur help.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman