John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

We have a Kenmore Freezer model #106.9235580 that the door

We have a Kenmore Freezer model #106.9235580 that the door was not sealing properly. We ordered a new seal from Sears parts. Upon removing the old seal there was a lot of ice that had formed inside on the insulation. We dried the insulation, replaced the seal and put the door back on. It is much worse now than before. I cannot remember how old this freezer is. Is it worth calling a technician out, or is it time for a new freezer? Thank you for your assistence.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Will you please describe what you mean by 'worse'? Are there larger gaps in the seal, or is the gasket forcing the door open?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The previous gap was on the lower left section of the door, about 6 inches in length. With the new seal, the gap is in the same area but is twice the length.

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
When you say you 'put the door back', does that mean you removed it from the fridge? If you did, you need to check the lower hinge for proper alignment from top to bottom. It's sounds like the bottom hinge pin has come loose.