Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I have been having trouble getting the oven control panel to

Customer Question

I have been having trouble getting the oven control panel to stay on. So I bought another one form the Repair Clinic in hopes that it would solve my problem. It didn't because the minute the oven is inoperation the clock and the oven temperature are no longer displayed. Can you help me in getting this part to function properly. I have not thrown the old part out because I think it is still good.

thanks,

Rick meyer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

Peter :

Hi, my name isXXXXX am eager to help you solve your appliance problems.

Peter :

Most manufacturers have what is called "sabbath mode" which will not show display during operation. This may be an early version of that. Did you set the clock when you first powered up the new clock. Try this - when the oven is not on but is powered up try holding the clock button for 10 seconds and see if the control beeps. This may turn that mode on and off.

JACUSTOMER-i2w27l28- :

When I hold the clock button down for the 10 seconds, it beeps right away. The time still does not display after the button has been held for the 10 seconds..

Peter :

Sorry I do not have an answer. I will opt out for another expert.

Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. It sounds like you have a problem with the relay / transformer board. Click here to see the picture of it.
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years in the appliance repair field.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I am having a problem with the relay/transformer board, is there a way to diagnose what it is or do I replace it?
Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.
That would be pretty tough to diagnose. Do you have the wiring diagram?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, the wiring diagram is inside the oven where the rlay board is.
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rick,

This is Peter again. After you push start and the display goes blank can you just push "clock" and reset clock or if you push "cancel" the clock returns?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Let's see. Last night you opted out for another exp0ert because you didn't have the answer. Now you think you can still solve my problem??
Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.
Can you get me a copy of the wire diagram?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I can get you a copy of the wire diagram. I will send it to you tomorrow, MOnday, Oct 3.
Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Attachment: 2011-10-04_012035_jenn_air_w256w.pdf

Alan:

Attached is a copy fo the diagram of the relay/circuit board. There are two pages. Sometimes the oven control LCD will stay on and other times they willnot. I am not sure what the problem is.

Let me know if you can see the diagram as it is in PDF format.

Thanks,

Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.
Try loosing a couple of the screws on the relay/ transformer board. I have seen where sometimes those boards will twist and then do intermittent weird things.
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.
You had already accepted the other experts answer so I just was trying to help with an info request not an answer. Good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alan has solved my problem and the oven control panel is now working.

Thank you, Alan!