Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How to fix a GE washer Model #WWSE6260B2WW that wont fill

How to fix a GE washer Model #WWSE6260B2WW that won't fill.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

have you tested the valve for power?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I haven't tried the valve for power. What should I be reading?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you should get 120 volts to the valve when filling. to get to it remove the screws along the top of the control panel and tip it forward,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The voltage is there on both valves. However, I try to start a new wash cycle to get the tub to refill and it starts to agitate....is this normal?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no thats not normal. so no water comes in when this has power to the valve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's correct.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
are you getting 120 volts ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, getting the same voltage as coming out of the power cord.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well for one the valve is bad, if you get 120 volts thats correct and the valve should open, the thing that bothers me the most though is its agitating before it fills, this tell me the pressure switch is also bad. which is the water level switch,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just ran a system diagnostic. Not sure what the codes mean, but I got the mschine to run during this system check for: Hot & Cold water valves, slow & fast agitate, pump and spin cycles. How do I read these error codes that are in the machine and what to they mean?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
what was the error code ? did one come up ? lights flash or anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know exactly what position is #2 for the error. From what I'm seeing here it's an led on 3,5 & 7. ERROR CODE- NO FILL (3), ERROR CODE-FLOOD (5) and ERROR CODE- EEPROM (7). What I think is that I have three lights on the #2 knob position. The first is the zero point which is all leds lit up. The next position (1) is supposed to be the model code and the next clockwise position should be #2 for the error codes. Am I doing this correctly?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

there is a mini service tech sheet in this did you find that?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's where I found all the diagnostic codes as I ran it through the timer cycles
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

what happened when you moved the knob one notch at a time, like did the hot water come in when you were at position 4 and so on? 8 would be high speed spin and I'm just throwing them out there did any of the positions active any of the functions?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I got hot then cold water into the tub, then slow & fast agitate, then pump and then spin. WHen I take it out of diagnostic mode by unplugging the unit, I try to set it to spin only. The rinse led comes on and with no water in the tub and does not go into spin cycle. The water sensor was tested with an ohm meter and by blowing into the clear rubber tube from the left front of the unit while hooked to the ohm meter. The ohm meter showed connection and then no connection when air applied to the front side of the rubber tube.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

so all the functions worked in diagnostic mode but none in regular mode?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's correct. If I try to start a fresh cycle, it begins to agitate with no water in the tub. If I set it to "spin only", the rinse led lights up and never goes into spin while the pump continues to run with a dry tub. All functions are working during the diagnostics.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your control is bad, when you put this in diagnostic you bypass the main control and test each component directly. you need to replace your control. you can order this at the following link. control good job, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.