Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

Wanted to auto clean whirlpool accubake sysstem super capacity

Customer Question

Wanted to auto clean whirlpool accubake sysstem super capacity 465 and after about i minute E1 F5 appeared on screen. Now I cannot get the stove to do anything. After 1 minute it beeps then continues till next minute and then beeps etc. Help!!!! company is coming in 4 hrs....

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept.
Can you get me your model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All I have is what is on stove whirlpool capacity 465 and accubake system on front. It is about 10 yrs old. hope that helps
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
That error code indicates a problem with latch/switch assembly. You will probably need to replace it. Can you open the door? If so the model number should be around the opening of the oven, or if you pull out the drawer it is sometimes on one of the legs. If you can get me the model number I can get you a part number.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks the model is SF385PEGT. it was in draw. never thought to look there. Where is this latch/switch located?
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
It is located under the cook top at the back. You should be able to unplug the range or turn off the breaker to reset the clock so that you can use the range until fixed. The part can be purchased by clicking here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you so much. if I click to purchase button will i be commited to purchasing? I would like to know how much the part is before i commit. it might not be worth it to get it fixed. What does this part do?
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Clicking will only take you to a place to purchase the part.