Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

kenmore elite washing machne model 110.26922500. the spin

kenmore elite washing machne model 110.26922500. the spin cycle does not work. the water drains out but the machine never spins.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Does the machine agitate ok, and if you reach in to turn the tub both directions can you turn that with your hand?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the machine agitates ok. I cant turn the tub in either direction
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Good,, I am sorry for the delay, I need just a few more minutes to see if there is more information available to help you rather than a typed out answer. Just a few more minutes.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Your clutch is slipping and needs replaced. The factory part number is 285792. You can shop anywhere with that number, locally or online and get the correct kit. I have posted a video below which shows how to replace it. Its not really a difficult job if you have room to work and the tools. The video should really help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just to verify before I accept the answer, Is this guaranteed to work?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

The answer I gave is based on experience in the field and the description I was given. I believe it will work. I do the very best I can to be correct. It matters to me to do the right thing and I always make an effort to do my best. I cannot think of another possibility.