Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a KitchenAid French Door Refrigerator (KFCS22EVMS4)

I have a KitchenAid French Door Refrigerator (KFCS22EVMS4) that leaks water out the front of the freezer (freezer is on bottom). I believe that it happening because the defrost water is building up and not draining. There is not a drain hole in the bottom of the freezer. It looks like the defrost water is supposed to drain down through the back panel and it appears to be iced up. If I unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours will that cure the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Yes that is the cause of the problem and yes you can do that, and if you can get around behind the unit. Remove the lower rear panel and you will see a tube coming out of the bottom of the freezer. Thats the drain tube. Take something plastic (no metal) to avoid puncturing the aluminum tubing in the freezer and push up through that tube, or you can use pressurized air if you have it. That will take care of it.