The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Hi my name isXXXXX have a Amana dryer NGD7200 TW that does

Customer Question

Hi my name isXXXXX have a Amana dryer NGD7200 TW that does not heat up, it started drum would turn but minimum heat, I had to run it for two cycles or more to dry,I read some posts and recommended to test the coils on the gas valve,I tested them and found one coil not working,so I replaced them,it did not work, continued to test the thermostat it has continuity,and when I bypassed the thermistor,an E5 error code it's displayed it looks like E5 with out the top part of the E missing,and it beeps and does not turn on,so I replaced the thermistor,still the dryer has the E5 error.Is there a service manual that I can see to clear that code or is there an other part that need to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

Hi, Jay. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.
Please click here to download a copy of the tech sheet for your unit. Go to page 3 and put the unit into the diagnostics mode. This will point you to the failed component.

There are further tests in the tech sheet that will help you diagnose and repair your unit.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi thank you for the service manual ! do yuo have the service manual for the waher mach?
What is the model number and I will see.