Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE microwave model JES831WB 001. Last week it started

I have a GE microwave model JES831WB 001. Last week it started kicking on the fan as soon as the door was opened. The magnetron was not energized, just the fan. It still cooked fine. Now, I can set a cook time and power level but, when I press start, all I hear is a CLICK, and nothing happens. No fan, no magnetron buzz.... The timer still counts down but that's all that happens. Please advise what most likely cause is. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This means that one of your three door switches has failed and it will need to be replaced. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the switches to determine which switch is faulty so that you can replace it.