Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag built in oven model cwe9000bce. The bake element

Customer Question

I have a Maytag built in oven model cwe9000bce. The bake element does not heat; broiler element works.
Replaced the bake element; still no heat. Replaced the sensor; still no heat. Service technician ($139.00) said contol panel shot
(430.00). Replaced panel (250.00) Still no heat.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is nothing that can cut out Bake and not Broil except a bad bake element, a bad display relay control board, or a bad wire between the two. If you have a multimeter remove the element and make sure the element has continuity. If it does, then check the wires between the display control board and the heating element. If all looks good---replace the control board. Below is a link to the control board you'd need.

CLICK HERE