Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Hello I have a bottom freezer GE model #PFCS1NFZSS The relay

I have a bottom freezer GE model #PFCS1NFZSS
The relay on the mother board is making a loud clicking noise like it wants to go on but cant. In addition, the alpha numeric display in side the unit wont display accurate information or any at all. The temperature inside is getting warmer. I dont have thermometer, but I can see condensation on cans. Is this the mother board or is there another card interfacing to the motherboard somewhere that is responsible?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
That is the board causing the problem. On the back of the refrigerator is an 8 x 10 panel. Not down low but up higher. I have the area arrowed in the diagram. Take a listen and if that is where the clicking sound is coming from the board under that panel is bad and needs to be replaced. If that is not where you are hearing the sound please let me know.

The part number is XXXXX and one place that has it online is just below. Or you can shop locally with that number its a factory part number.

To replace that unplug the refrigerator and remove the 8 x 10 panel on the back. Remove the connectors and replace the board. Put the connectors back they will only fit where they belong. Follow the instruction sheet that comes with the part. Plug the refrigerator in and turn it on. If it does not turn on right away, wait 40 minutes, it will be in the defrost cycle and will start.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Barry:

I removed the back panel and the clicking is indeed coming from the relay on the board. However, I wrote down the numbers on the board (there are two) and they are different than what you gave me:

WR55X10416 (as opposed to the one you lise of WR55X11062)

Which should I use?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

Skip the number I gave you, and use the one you have WR55X10416. Thats going to cross over into a newer part number which should be WR55X10942. There is a mistake on the sears website where I lookup parts. Pick up your part locally. I apologize I should have caught that.