Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

dishwasher will not start cycle lights come on. options,

Customer Question

dishwasher will not start
cycle lights come on.
options, heated dry light comes on, the other option lights hi temp, and sanitize will not come on.
and when you push start button, dishwasher does not come
the lights shut off after about 30 sec.

Bill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

type #5770

MD87609aww2

SER 00104275

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
OK then on this model you have a faulty touch control panel. Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. If not, then you need to order and replace the control panel. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to replace the touchpad. Also, below is a link to the part you'll need to order.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Iturned the circuit breaker off, waited 60 sec. turned breaker back on and dishwasher drain pump ran, shut off,and I am back where I started, dishwasher won't run. it's control panel I guess
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well yes and no. If the drain pump ran and shut off, then that doesn't sound like a control panel, that sounds like your control board is just bad. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I CHANGED PART #W10298356 CNTRL-ELEC AND THE PROMBLEM IS THE SAME. THE DISHWASHER STILL DOSEN'T WORK. BILL
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then I guess we're back to the touchpad as I had originally thought, but it doesn't all add up since you say the drain pump is still running. Either way, below is a link to the control panel you'd need

CLICK HERE FOR PART