Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

jenn-air jdb1105aws dishwasher start button does not work

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a fairly common problem with these Jenn-Air dishwasher and unfortunately there is no way to test between the touchpad control panel or the control board itself. Those would be the two possible parts that can cause this issue. Fortunately because this is a common issue, I know from experience that this is almost always the touch control panel. I'd say about 95% of the time it's the touch control panel actually. Either way, below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm flabbergasted that this requires a new $200.00 part when it is less than 2 years old.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
You're more than welcome to call Whirlpool (they own Jenn Air now) and see if they will help out on the repairs, but this sort of thing happens a lot more than you'd imagine.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
going to call the manufacturer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
alright good luck.