Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kit hen Aid dryer Model S850GQ0 which takes 3 rounds

Customer Question

I have a Kit hen Aid dryer Model S850GQ0 which takes 3 rounds to dry. I have taken the dryer apart to see if their is any blockage and clean out lint but no change. How can I figure out why no heat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Probably the best thing you can do is just disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and run a cycle to see if the drying time improves when you run a test cycle. If so, then you know the vent through your house is just getting clogged. If you still have the same problems, it likrly means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is an electric dryer and the vent to the outside is only 12 inches long and I can see through it no bends
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok, can you give me the model number again? I thought the model you gave me was a messed up gas dryer number. The correct model should be located on a sticker inside the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
S850GQ0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I've stated already that is not the correct model number, it doesn't come up on any look-up. So unless it's over 30+ years old, something is wrong with that model. The correct model is on a sticker inside the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that's were I'm looking the serial number is mk06156 also in the model number there is no letter O is a zero 0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
There is something in from of that number you are giving me. KEY KGW etc...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
oops yes "KEYS850GQ0"
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
So if it's heating at all then the element is working. Is there goo air pressure coming out of the back of the dryer when it's running?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
good airflow from dryer but no heat
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok then you need a multimeter to make several tests to determine which one is faulty. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to test all the components and replace the faulty part.

CLICK HERE

Good luck and have a nice day.