Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

My Kenmore Garbage disposal has power is not clogged wont run

My Kenmore Garbage disposal has power is not clogged wont run . Reset button has been used just has a humming noise when switches on wall is activated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello may name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

Down under the bottom is there a hole in the center? Have you turned the disposal there?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

On the bottom of disposal in the center there is a place for something to be inserted tried to use a hex headed screwdriver to turn will not turn in either direction

Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Good thats what you need to do, use an allen wrench and work that back and forth until it breaks loose.

You can also take a flashlight and shine inside the best you can looking around the outside bottom corner for something stuck in that area. If you can find nothing and you cannot get it to break loose you can take it out and take it the top cone off to see if you can see something jammed.

If none of that works you will have no choice other than replacing the disposal.