Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can you help me install a belt on a GE Washer model number

Customer Question

Can you help me install a belt on a GE Washer model number WPRE6150KW2T?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

These belts are not easy to install because they are stretch belts and there is a special tool you need to install it. You need to order kit WX05X10102 which is about $15 to install the tool and it should come with instructions to show you how to use it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I got knocked off my computer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
What I stated was:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have that tool. Can yu describe what it should be doing to get the belt on?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
not really, the tool should come with picture instructions. There is no way to explain how to use that tool other than the pictures provided with the tool when you get it. If you want to try without the tool then here's what you do.

Center the belt on the drive pulley and secure tightly with a wire tie on the left side.

Center the belt on the motor shaft grooves and slowly turn the drive pulley CW. Continue rotating drive pulley until the belt is fully engaged.

Remove the wire tie.

Good luck and have a nice day.