Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool duet sport that has started making quite

I have a whirlpool duet sport that has started making quite a racket and has started walking forward,could it be something as simple as a belt.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately a belt would never make a racket or any noise really when it's going bad. That being said, either your shocks are going bad causing it to shake more than the washer should, or possibly you have something worse going on like your tub support is broken and then you're need an entire inner tub. Probably the best to to do is run an empy load and see if the noise goes away. If so, then you just need new shocks under the bottom of the washer. If the noise does not go away, the inner tub will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How easy is it to change the shocks?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
not too difficult. You do it from the front. There are (3) 1/4" hex nut screws under the lower front panel. Just remove the 3 screws and the lower front panel will pull down, forward and off. And now you can replace the shocks under the tub.