Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I cracked the edge of my glass GE profile stovetop

I cracked the edge of my glass GE profile stovetop with a tenderizing mallet while preparing a meal last night. What do you recommend for repair/ replacement? What is the estimated cost? Thank you,
Nicole
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the full model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
No I apologize I do not. Actually, I was at a dinner party last night and it was my best friend who cracked her dear Mother's stove. I am helping her research the best way to get it repaired. In your experience, is this something that could be claimed on home owners insurance? Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
In my opinion if this was an accident by someone at the party the home owners insurance would most likely cover it, depending on her coverage, if they say no get me the model # XXXXX I will get the info for you on the cost of replacement glass.thats about all I can do without the model # XXXXX thank, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Bryan, but that response is not worth $30. Can you give me anymore information? Such as where to seek repair? Estimated costs? Have you seen anything like this before?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I've seen this many times. I understand what your saying, I'm not trying to make a quick dollar on you sorry , the problem is these glass tops vary wildly on the cost, they can go from $350.00 to $650.00, heres a few examples, this one is $638.00 , this one $346.00 so the prices can be a lot different from range to range, is this under any warranty from G.E. ? how old is it ? if you can call your friend and get me the model # XXXXX can get all the info you need, let me know, I can also find a service company you can call. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.