Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Gas slide in range PGS908. We had a power surge.

I have a Gas slide in range PGS908. We had a power surge. Now the contol panel does not respond. The time is blinking. No other touch key is working. The burners work. I can't get "9 0" to respond. the loc is not on. I am having a dinner party tonight and can't use my oven HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

unfortunately it can only be one of two problems, 1 the touch pad has shorted out. or 2 the control has failed, most likely in your case its the control, part # XXXXX the real problem is unless you have an appliance parts warehouse nearby thats open and has the part theres no way you will get one today. I wish I had better news though, sorry, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had this same problem when the range was first installed. I was not here when the service guy came. He pressed some buttons and it restarted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if the buttons are not responding its not the same issue unfortunately. do they even beep when you push them?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No they do not beep. Again when range was installed the same thing happened. Installed august 8th. The control panel is flashing the correct time but does not respond to any functions. The service guy was able to press something on the panel to get it to respond. I am thinking there must be some main control that might needs to be reset?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if they don't beep you cant reset this. they are not responding so you cant send a signal to the control.