Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have a GE Profile dishwasher i purchase about 4 years ago...having

Customer Question

have a GE Profile dishwasher i purchase about 4 years ago...having problems lately with it not draining all the way.....About 1/2" of dirty standing water after the cycles are finished...Checked the strainer (grey plastic) over the well that is on the right of the lower wash arm for debris or anything that could have plugged the pump...nothing!

Have any idea what is wrong...plugged pump or pump is defective?? how do i check the interior of the pump?

Tim Passinault
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tim my name is Barry and I will be assisting you.

Has anyone been under the sink making repairs or changes in the recent past or the dishwasher moved for any reason?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No i am the only one to make plumbing repairs and i can hear water going into the gooseneck through the drain basket on the sink....some is being pumped out but not all like it should..still 1/2" of dirty water left
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I understand. I am not a dishwasher person (refrigerators) but I had one idea and thought I would give it a shot since you were waiting. Since that is not your problem I will opt out and that will give others the opportunity to respond.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Barry

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

okay a couple of questions, can you start the dish washer and let it fill and when it stops filling open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches? also did you say you checked the pump for clogs? was the back check flap still in place?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is 1 1/2 " of water for fill, this taken in the center of the bottom resevoir....no i haven't taken the dishwasher out and disassembled anything yet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay, does the water reach the heater?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the heating element is partially submerged...no problem with working water level...this is not the problem ..it's pumping the dirty water out after each cycle!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

you will need to replace the drain pump.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
there is a link below to order it. thanks Bryan

link drian pump