Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.

The whirlpool washer displays LID and just beeps when start

The whirlpool washer displays LID and just beeps when start button is pressed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter. I am eager to help you solve your appliance problems.

The control is not detecting the lid switch opening and closing properly. We can put it into diagnostic to test the lid lock assembly. Turn the washer off. Press the "spin speed" spin and hold for 3 seconds, release for 3 seconds, hold for 3, release for 3, hold for 3 seconds. All lights will light up, push "spin speed" again.

Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.
After that "00" should show on display and "add a garment" led is lit. If that is correct lift the lid and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I pressed the power button and got the lid sign. As you said I pressed the spinspeedbutton for 3 seconds and released for3 seconds three times . I did not get the oo sign. What am I doing wrong.
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.
Press and hold 3 seconds, release, press and hold, release, press and hold, release. Don't rush the 3 seconds. "88" will show on display then push "spin speed" again within 5 seconds. Then is will show a interface id # XXXXX "00".
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The solution is not working
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

Do you have a ohm meter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.
Chances are you have a defective lid lock assembly. I have replaced a # XXXXX these lock assemblies due to your error code.
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

The part # XXXXX XXXXX and is available @ for $90.84 plus shipping.

Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes i am. I will have to call repair service for assistance. Is this a commonandrecurrent problem withthismodel wash.I have had a service call for the same problem just one week after getting this washer. This message appeared a second time but somehow fixed itself and now this is the third time in three months. What causes this to happen? Is it time to return this machine? This is frustrating!
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.
I have not had repeat lock issues with the same washer. If it is under warranty then they should replace the control board at the same time as the lock. It may be damaging the lock.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we receive pay for our knowledge and time.

Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.
May I answer any other questions?
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

Please let me know if I may help you with additional questions. We only get paid for our knowledge and time if you push "accept". Thank you for using Just Answer.