Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 1960 Frigidaire Custom Imperial Electric Double Range/Oven.

I have a 1960 Frigidaire Custom Imperial Electric Double Range/Oven. There is a ticking sound that started today in the upper top left side of the unit. Is this something electrical that I should be concerned about in any regard. What is the problem with it ticking? What should I have done to the unit to stop the ticking? Thank you for any helpful information you can give me.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this gas or electric? does it have a clock with hands that go around?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is electric and has a clock with the hands that go around. The ticking is coming from inside the unit above the clock. I'm concerned about electrical problems. Is there a problem with the electrical? I'll be out for a few hours but will be back about 12:30 or 1p.m. Central Time

the ticking is the clock motor itself, this is common on these older models, its not dangerous but is annoying, the only way to stop this is disconnect the clock motor, however if you do this the clock will no longer move or time the bake. can you find a model # ?