Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

The water is not going to the icemaker, what could be causing

The water is not going to the icemaker, what could be causing this. It is a kitchenaid sperba model KSRE25F Type C2598100.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

is the water coming out the door strong?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the water comes out the door ok, it is like a switch is not kicking the water on to the ice maker, is that possible
thanks ,,, look at the icemaker and tell me where the ejector fingers are pointing please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

They are pointing at about 1:00. they turn around, but water does not go in, everything on the ice maker works good, but no water comming in there is no click or noise at all

replace the water valve, the side for the icemaker is bad and the side for the door is still good but you can only buy the complete unit, the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich cost about $65 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't get to read the answer
here it is again ,, thanks

replace the water valve, the side for the icemaker is bad and the side for the door is still good but you can only buy the complete unit, the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich cost about $65 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, thank