Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Have a Maytag PYE2300 AYW Dryer. Shut off in the middle of

Have a Maytag PYE2300 AYW Dryer. Shut off in the middle of a cycle and seems to have no power now. Checked circuit breaker (fine), and checked wire connections (seemed ok). Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, if the power is ok ,and wires are ok? i would check the thermal fuse..are you able to lift the top? putty knife in each corner

Customer:

Have the top up. Not sure where the thermal fuse is? Should I have it unplugged?

Randy 43 :

Hi, yes unplug it..at the back to the right of the heater there is a thermostat

Randy 43 :

2 white wires going to it

Randy 43 :

do you see that?

Randy 43 :

if so pull those wires off and join them together,with tape..dont let them touch any metal and replug in? does the dryer start?

Randy 43 :

Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

looks like the small thermostat

Customer:

Can not seem to get the clips of the two white wires to come off it's post. Afraid to pull too hard. Am I at the right spot?

Randy 43 :

its about 6-8inches down the housing of the heater? try a little screwdriver and pry them off

Customer:

Able to get them off, and it now works. What is next step?

Randy 43 :

dryer works? if so you need to replace that thermostat and hi limit ,it comes in a package..if it blows again you need to clean the venting..the thermal fuse blows if it get too hot in the dryer ..check your venting and replace thermo

Randy 43 :

Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

Item #3344 (OEM Part)

$26.50

Thermal fuse, high-limit thermostat kit for gas/electric dryer

Manufacturer Number LA-1053

Customer:

I appreciate your knowledge and advise. How long to receive this kit if purchased? Can it be purchased at Sears or Lowes? With kids, my wife will go crazy without the dryer.

Randy 43 :

yes, it can be purchased at any parts place ..if you buy it online usually a few days ..Sears parts should have it as well..its a common part

Customer:

Once again, thank you very much for the help and my feedback will be 100% positive.

Randy 43 :

thx good luck