Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands

I have a Bosch WFL 2060 washer and the wash cycle stops and

I have a Bosch WFL 2060 washer and the wash cycle stops and the door lock and wash lights are blinking. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 2 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

how far into the cycle

Customer:

about 5 minutes

Customer:

Do you need any other information from me?

Repairman1981 :

what does it do in those 5 mins?

Customer:

It looks like it is working normally--taking in water and starting to wash the clothes. This is the second laundry to do this. I thought the first load might be too heavy or unbalanced so I just drained the water and started over.

Repairman1981 :

How high does the water level fill? It really sounds like the machine would be overfilling or something

Customer:

It does not seem high --if anything it seems low. But I'm not watching it that carefully. I can go check the water level now if you want.

Repairman1981 :

yes, and check your water shutoffs

Repairman1981 :

make sure they are open all the way

Customer:

Thye door is now locked. I can drain the water and should be able to open the door then. I should note that I successfully did a load of laundry today and it was the second load that had the problem.

Repairman1981 :

have you been able to complete one since?

Customer:

No. But after I set the control know to off, I turned it to wash and hit start. As of 4 minutes, it is still washing.

Repairman1981 :

ok .... lemme know what it does

Repairman1981 :

Maybe it was a software glitch

Customer:

still working

Repairman1981 :

that is a good sign right?

Customer:

I guess. I take it that the flashing lights has no defined meaning

Repairman1981 :

not defined ... could be a too high or too low fill, or a door latch not engaged

Repairman1981 :

It's a "user error" Meaning it's not a big deal

Repairman1981 :

Nothing broken

Customer:

Well now it is spinning and continuing to work properly.

Repairman1981 :

ok ... well if the problem returns, please return to THIS CHAT. There are no further charges out to around 6 months. So if it comes back you can get more help.

Repairman1981 :

Please remember to leave feedback after clicking accept and have a great rest of your weekend. Thanks!

Customer:

I can return to this chat by hitting go to chat from the email that was sent?

Repairman1981 :

yep

Repairman1981 :

Anytime, if I'm not online I will get it by email on my smart phone and be on ASAP to help you

Repairman1981 :

I'm on here several times a day. Thanks!

Customer:

thanks I guess your karma is so strong that just thinking about the problem makes it go away.

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands