Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My model #GWL11 washer just quit. No lights or beeps but the

Customer Question

My model #GWL11 washer just quit. No lights or beeps but the outlet is still functioning properly and there is 120 V going into the connection from the power cord to the motor controller. Replaced the water pump after being told this could have made the controller go bad. Any ideas on how to know for sure that it is the motor controller that I need to replace? Thank you for your advice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
if you have no lights, the motor control board is 100% bad assuming your washer is getting power from your house. There are no fuses or cut outs that will stop the power to the control board so if you're sure the outlet has 120 volts, replace the motor control board in the back right corner of the washer under the control panel.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you appliance Doc it is always good to hear from someone who has dealt with this more than I have. I am finding the part on some on line stores for anywhere from $120 to $180. Do you have an opinion on weather these are reliable sources or should I try all that I can to get one locally in person? Thanks again this puts my mind at ease before spending that kind of money to have it possibly still not work.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I don't know many places that carry parts for Fisher and Paykel, just Fisherpakelparts.net and Searspartsdirect.com. Either place is reliable to order from, so whatever is cheapest is probably who I'd go with.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you again, this is a fantastic service that I just happen to stumble on while looking for possible parts suppliers. I will bookmark it for future reference, thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
awesome, well I wish you the best of luck. The replacment is pretty easy just change over the wire connections one at a time so you don't fonfuse where they go.