Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My washer is a Whirlpool Cabrio top load washer model number

My washer is a Whirlpool Cabrio top load washer model number WTW6600SW3 and today when we tried to start a load it won't get past the second minute of the cycle on the timer. I tried restarting but on every cycle including drain it won't spin and only shoot alittle water out. What makes me think it could be electrical is the lock stays locked and won't let you open it for several minutes even after cancelling the cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Let the cycle run for about 15 minutes. Does an error code pop up on the screen? If not, then what happens exactly?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I didn't know if my response went through the error code now is the letter F

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Is there a number after the F or just "F"?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is showing F then 51 im thinking the 51 is the minutes and it is also giving a alert sound
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
F51 means that your RPS sensor has failed and will need to be replaced. There is a plastic sensor attached to the top of your motor under your wash basket. This is your RPS sensor that will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is the link to the part you'll need to order. This is a kit that has been completely redesigned due to this issue occurring fairly often.