SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

I have tried to work with you guys with no results. I havent

I have tried to work with you guys with no results. I haven't even checked to see if I have been charged anything. Unfortunately, Bosch is of no use to me either. I really need to get done with this job as it has cost me Over $500.00 with out results. I have a Thermador cm302 ub oven. I have replaced the main relay board twice. The only thing that works are the controls. No micro, no ovens. and I get an F14 code. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. F14 is a failure of the display board. You will need to replace that part. How soon after you power up/ turn on oven do you get the error code? Does it seem like the doors close properly? Do you notice any heat stains above the doors near the control board? The reason I ask is there have been some issues with cooking heat/ moisture affecting the display board. Let me know and I can assist further. Thanks, Sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have a painfull shoulder problem and had to chill out for a while. So the display board which is working is the reason that the m/w and the oven are not working.
Sorry to hear about you shoulder and machine. The technical manual says the the F14 is specifically a failure of the EEprom (computer chip) on the display board. Unfortunately there is no repair for the board/chip itself. There is only the self diagnostics to believe. If you have already replace the main/relay board it's the only one left. Have you noticed any of the heat stains above the door seal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is some heat stain. Could all of this have happened after a cleaning cycle and might it happen again?
It may have been due to the heat from the clean or broil. I would recommend replacing the gasket (easy to do) for sure and replace the door hinges if the door is at more than 90 degrees angle when open. This should prevent it from happening again.
Let me know if you end up having any further questions. Thanks, Sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just got the parts in today. I will let you know how everything goes. Thanks again.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Sam