Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a GE refrigerator,double door with water & ice dispenser

I have a GE refrigerator,double door with water & ice dispenser in the door.I had to get a new water filter for it today at Home Depot.The filter is one that goes inside the fridge side.It worked fine and the water dispenses through thr door as it should.The problem now is the ice maker has quit working.HELP.Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

The water dispenser is working? Feel in the ice maker is the ice maker empty inside the ice mold?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
here is nothing in the ice mold.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
But your water dispenser is ok? If so then do this. Switch the ice maker off for 15 seconds then on and quickly but fully press the white paddle 3 times at the bottom of the ice maker and watch it. It should rotate then fill, does it do any of that?

Also note the light before you switch it off and then on. Is the light solid ( not blinking) and green in color?

Take your time you may have to try twice or more.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I turn the ice maker off?????That was part of my original question.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry, I missed it.

O is off, the switch is arrowed red in the picture below.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The refrigerator is at my rent house so I will have to drive over to check it and get back to you later.It's 25 miles to that house so i'm not sure if I will be back to you very soon.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thats fine, while you are there check the tube over the top of the ice maker as well, make sure its not clogged with ice. Bookmark the page so you can return here, I will respond as soon as I possibly can. The result from the cycle test should give enough information to make a correct diagnosis.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi,just got back.Everything worked great.Thanks a lot.Have a good night.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Ok that is just great, give me a shout if anything changes in the next 30 days. You can post here and I always respond.

Have a great weekend,