Will
Will, President & Small Business Owner
Experience:  Thirty years experience in electrical, electronic, and mechanical device repair,
4456095

Frigidaire gas range model PLGFMZ98GCH with beeping without

Customer Question

Frigidaire gas range model PLGFMZ98GCH with beeping without fault codes at random times. The control module has been changed twice with the same problem. This unit is 2 years old. Any hints?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Will :

Did you suspect the first replacement EOC was bad from the box?

Will :

Unplug your refrigerator from the ac outlet, open door for approx 5 minutes, leave doors open re-power, if beeping begins close door let run for 5 more minutes, check for further beeping , it is a reset procedure for a false positive failure code

Will :

#2 remove the face plate of the climate control drawer and unplug cable that connects the face plate to the drawer, sometimes these connections are not tight/aligned from the factory and create intermittent beeping as again false positive error code beeps, re-power and test for beeping

JACUSTOMER-nf5jab44- :

? this is a gas range ?

Will :

PS the EOC is the first part to be suspect with this beeping on these stoves, but that has been tried without success, we are looking for a loose connection next from the factory

Will :

#2 was an error please omit

JACUSTOMER-nf5jab44- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-nf5jab44- :

Both EOC's have the same symptom.

Will :

I understand and it was the correct first step, to try, I cannot find the wiring diagram for this model, I have the CD and CE not CH, I am also thinking maybe a thermistor/klixon is bad, most likely a thermistor,

JACUSTOMER-nf5jab44- :

I will look elsewhere to troubleshoot. Thanks for your help anyways.

Will :

Frigidaire, I bought a top of the line gas dryer from Sears, they replaced the EOC Three times, [no firing of the gas] they were replacing parts after parts until I measured the resistance of a thermistor it was off by 5000 ohms