John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have an approx. 1930 Gilchrist No. 22 malt machine (serial

I have an approx. 1930 Gilchrist No. 22 malt machine (serial number 99121) my grandfather used in his ice cream/malt shop in Beyone, NJ and in LA, California. The motor has given out, possibly just the electrical. I don't wish to throw it out for sentimental reasons and would like to give to one of my sons later. Might anyone know where and how to repair? I like in Los Angeles. Please email me [email protected] Thank you. Dennis September 29th, 2011
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

I think your only option is the have the problem diagnosed by an electric motor rebuilder.

They have the tools and the knowledge you need.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.