Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a Model R-1870 Microwave Oven in motorhome. To heat for

Have a Model R-1870 Microwave Oven in motorhome. To heat for longer than one minute is the problem. We select 4 minutes, the unit goes for one minute and stops, to continue we must push start again and it goes for only one more minute and we have to push the start again. I believe we have set up some control that might be deleted by pushing the correct buttons. We need to know how to delete the control noted. We have talked to Sharp at 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and received Case #XXXXX We understand the work done over the phone process indicated we needed additional service but the coat seems overpriced for our time required to push start button to restart unit each time.Your comments please.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you select a time for longer than a minute, does the display board just shut off after one minute? Or what is happening exactly?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The disply does not shut off, the unit just stops with display board still on and we have to just push start button to start the heating process for amother minute. We can do some real time testing on the phone with the unit on in front of me. Will that work for you?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok perfect, then this is a common issue with these Sharp microwaves and it means that the logic in the control board has just gotten corrupted. There really isn't a way to fix the issue and there isn't much you can do but order and replace display board which is very expensive to fix the problem. The part is about $230 so it may just bet better to replace the microwave rather than repairing the microwave. That is completely up to you of course. Below is a link to the part you'd need.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you a "Tech" for the Sharp Company or just work for the "Just Answer" Website?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I am not Sharp themself no. I am a technician who fixes sharp appliances and at one time the company I work for was their official service company in Colorado.