Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Error code 11 on my brand new electrolux dishwasher. Model

Customer Question

Error code 11 on my brand new electrolux dishwasher. Model ewdw6505gs0. How are you making out with an answer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am an authorized electrolux/frigidaire service tech and i can help you today.

what is the error code that you are seeing in the display and what is the machine doing or not doing?
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.
error code number 11 comes back to bad drain pump and motor. did you say the machine was draining?

can yoiu please check the height of the drain line that comes from the dish and goes to sink. does it stay up high or does it drop down to the floor?

if the drain hose just drops down from the sink plumbing, you could have an issue with a syphon affect. that is when the dishwasher is doen with a drain cycle, the water that it is draining out of the machine will come back down the drain hose and back into the machine if the drain hose is not raised up high enough.

this will give you the e-11 error code. easy fix is to raise the height of the drain hose. just attatch it to the cabinet back under the sink as high as you can put it.

if that doesn't solve your problem, you will need to order a new motor pump and drain assembly, with the turbidity sensor. all parts should come together in a kit part numberNNN-NN-NNNN
you can order it from when the parts come in, i can walk you through the repair step by step.

if this helps you further, please remember to hit the green accept button so i can continue to help you with you problem. and remember, after you hit accept, i will be here to help you in any way with this problem.

thank you and i hope to hear back from you soon and look forward to helping you fix this machine in the quickest and chepest way possible.
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.
thank you for accepting my answer today. it is greatly appreciated.

please let me know if i can be of any more assistance to you