Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

i have maytag neptune dryer. i hit the start/pause button.

i have maytag neptune dryer. i hit the start/pause button. the light goes off and comes back on with a pf code. it switches back and forth with the temperature and the pf code. the dryer does not start. i have it on sensor now. however it is the same problem if it is on timer

I have seen this issue several times myself. The main control behind the buttons has failed. If you are handy, you can replace it fairly simple. It's really a straight forward job. With the model number I could possibly provide you a link where you could purchase the part.

Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the modal#
Open the door and look around the door jamb its on a white sticker Might look like MDE?????
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
maytag neptune modal#5500ayw. when will you give the part number and where to order it. and how to install it
You can take the upper back panel off by removing several small screws. Once off you will see the board. The board is held into the back with several small screws remove them and all the plug and play connections like I said its very straight forward. You can purchase the part from the link below.

Click here for part

Click here for part