SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I installed a new PC Board in a Thermadore Pro series 48 range

I installed a new PC Board in a Thermadore Pro series 48" range because we had a power failure and when the power came back on the large oven would not work. The oven and heating lights were flashing alternately and the large oven would not light. The small oven still worked. The model of the thermadore range is PGR486GLZS/01, the serial number is XXXXX and the date of manufacture is 2004 (+-). The part number of the new EGO Board is 676193. After the new boards were installed the oven would light but as soon as the temperature started to rise something clicked and shut off the oven. This symptom was the same for the large and small oven ( so now the small oven does not work). The second problem with the range is the self cleaning cycle does not work. This problem existed way before the ovens going out

Danny Bauer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The blinking light on the oven indicator represents an error code. You should be able to determine the error code based on the number of blinks. There will be a long pause and then some blinks followed by a short pause and more blinks. The two groups represent the code. example 4/5 would be error code 45. let me know what the blinks are and I can help you diagnose it further. Based on your description I wonder if you have a failed fan switch. Let me know the code and we can troubleshoot further. Thanks, Sam

Customer:

Based on your reply I counted the number of blinks in one set and I got 4 for the oven and 3 for the temperature on both ovens so the code is 43. What about the self cleaning oven cycle?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Error code 43 is related to the cooling fan sensor switch Click HERE for details. It is a harder repair than the instructions make it out be and depending on your skill level you may want to call a tech. In regards XXXXX XXXXX self clean, I would suspect that perhaps you have a failed lock motor. Do you notice the motor trying to run when you start self clean? Even if the motor is working the motor switches can fail and the unit is unable to sense the door being closed. The only other real issue would be some wiring since you have already replaced the board. Take a look at the attached tech sheet and let me know if you any further explanation.

Customer:

I replied twice yesterday and I don't see either one of the replies. I don't know if you recieved them or not. I pulled the back of the range off to expose the fan and what I found was this stove has two fans positioned just like the dual fuel range but it's an all gas range. One of the fans is not working. I don't think the sail is the problem. It has power to it but won't spin. Since my range is an all gas range which one is the correct replacement fan?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry, the site only show your most recent post. 486894 is the correct part number for either fan. It can be purchased online HERE at sears or several other places. I would also double check the switches are working befoer you reinstall the unit.

Customer:

What is the function of the fans? I asked for a detailed response. Thank you Danny.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The Cooling fans pull cold air in from the front of the unit sbove the door and crate a cold air blanket above the top of the oven cell and along the back. If the switch is not moved by the air the unit will not heat and give you the error code 43. I am more than happy to provide you with any details you need but was unaware you wanted that specific piece of information. If the fan is getting voltage and not turning then you need the fan with the above part number. That is the source of the error code.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.