John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

i have a 2005 RV with a norcold refrigerator freezer(elictric/gas

i have a 2005 RV with a norcold refrigerator freezer(elictric/gas combo...believe model 6??....worked great for 5 years.....rv is plugged in to household electricity all summer(gas is also on in case of electric failure which did not happen as evidenced by clocks being correct....we use on weekends and when we arrived last 2 weekends, it is evident that the fridge has stopped, melted a bag of ice in freezer, and started again freezing the melted bag of codes are evident and when testing the back up gas option, it also works fine...any advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

First, check the AC circuit from the receptacle to the fridge. It sounds like there's something interrupting the current flow. If all looks OK, check the AC fuse on the control board.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if that was issue, why did gas not kick in automatically? does if i unplug the power source
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Will you please tell me if you unplugged the fridge this time?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I only unplugged power to the RV to ensure fridge would come on via gas which it did.......the thawing/refreezing in the freezer indicates the fridge lost cooling when on AC power but for some reason gas did not take is like it defrosted itself melting items in freezer and refreezing them(twice in last 2 weeks but never before)...looking for info on why that could happen and not trigger the gas option to ignite when it seems to work fine.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The prime suspect is a control board intermittant malfunction. Check the wire connections to make sure they're clean and tight. Go to, and select your model from the list there. From the list on the right side of your screen, choose 'manuals', and select those you want to download.