Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

On my whirlpool gas range it says code f2 and beeps and does

Customer Question

On my whirlpool gas range it says code f2 and beeps and does not work. The only number I can find on it so far is wsg231lvb
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F2 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.