John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

1. I have had a microwave #R-630D for about 7 years. When I

1. I have had a microwave #R-630D for about 7 years. When I turn it on it sounds like its struggling and an electrical fire smell occurres. Can it be fixed? This just started happening and I immediately shut it off

2. The unit is 19 1/2" frontal width, 14" tall and 17 1/2 deep. I had a custom whole created in a kitchen remodeling and I can't find one with similar dimensions. Any ideas other that buying a smaller unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The part that's most likely failed is the high voltage transformer in the magnetron power supply circuit. The part number is XXXXX and the price is $104.76. You can buy it at www.partselect.com.

Make sure to remove the power cord plug before you replace the part. You can access it by removing the oven cover. The magnetron components are at the left rear of the oven.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It it easy to replace???
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Yes. It's attached with four screws to the baseplate. Be sure to tag the location of the wires attached to it. It's best to remove and tag the wires one at a time.