RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

I have a GE profile refrigerator model TFS26PPDA BS and suddenly

I have a GE profile refrigerator model TFS26PPDA BS and suddenly the BOTTOM of the refrigerator and freezer are working, but the TOP of each or room temperature, any ideas???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 5 years ago.

RUSS :

Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANKS! The part below is the evaporator fan motor...if it is not working the symptoms you get are just the same as you describe since it then does not allow the cold air to circulate

Evaporator Fan Motor - Part #773827
Full Size Image

Evaporator Fan Motor

Item # XXXXX

Motor, evaporator fan

Manufacturer Number WR60X10008

More

• GE Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor

• Hotpoint Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor

• Kenmore Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor

• RCA Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor

RUSS :

It is behind a grill in the freezer section and can be tested with a volt ohm meter for continuity once disconnected for power

RUSS :

ALSO look around the fan for ice build up....THANKS

Customer:

Hello Russ, I do not see any ice build up yet (as I'm trying to locate the location of this part) as I do have a new GE Evaporator Fan motor in hand and would like to try to replace it to see if this is it, is this easily replaced?

RUSS :

YES...BUT CHECK THE MOTOR IN IT FOR CONTINUITY FIRST.. it is not recommended to just go swapping parts...thanks

RUSS :

On some models, the fan motor requires dismantleing a lot of the interior panels...

Customer:

I do have a tester, but I'm trying to find the part, is this in the panel behind the ice maker within the freezer compartment? I removed a panel there and see a fan that is facing up that is not spinning...I'm not sure how to access for test and possible replacement.

RUSS :

Like I said in some you need to dismantle the interior panels and also remove the ice maker...sorry this is almost impossible to explain

RUSS :

LOOK an www.searspartsdirect.com and enter your model number for a picture

Customer:

actually, I just went to turn the fan and it is off and spinning...do you think this is the actual part that just kicked on??? (and maybe it was stuck for some reason)

RUSS :

your CORRECT MODEL NUMBER IS" TFS26PPDA BS

Customer:

yes, that's the model number and yes I was already there...prior to coming here...

RUSS :

OK sorry I don't have a better diagram

Customer:

No worries, I think this was the part and as it's now spinning I'm going to leave the doors closed and hope it cools things down! I'm not sure if I'm able to stay in touch on this one, but very much appreciate your help and hope to be able to reach back to you with an affirmative and negative, hopefully the former though :-)

RUSS :

just come to this site and aqqress me...I telecommute and come and go thanks!!!!

RUSS :

GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS!