SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a Bosch dishwasher model shu43c02uc. It stats and seems

I have a Bosch dishwasher model shu43c02uc. It stats and seems to run fine but the timer jumps all around and it will not finish the cycle. Once it gets to 1 left on the timer it will continue to run until I drain it and shut it off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. This very a common problem with this unit. You have a failure of the main control board which is not engaging the heater. When this happens the unit will not finish a cycle because it cannot reach the required 165 degrees. The control board is part number 266746 and is available online or at any local appliance parts distributor. It usually costs 150$ and depending on your skill level is fairly easy to replace.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know if you need any further assistance. Please remember to accept if you are satisfied with my response. Thanks, Sam

Customer:

I am being told it is not the control board but something in the heating system. I am being told that since it is running the control board is good but it is not finishing the cycle because the heater is not heating it above the 165 you talk about?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The problem is with the heater relay on the control board. if the control board is removed you will see a failed solder joint on the heater relay on the control board. This is the most common failure on all bosch dishwashers. the heater its self is fine but it not being given power from the control board. I have replaced these boards about once a week for the last 5+ years. You need the control board for sure.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I ordered that board and it is not the right one. The board in the dishwasher is almost a square board. The 266746 that I ordered is longer and and not as wide as the original one?
I'm sorry that the board was not correct. It look like they changed halfway through production. Do you have the /?? number that is at the end of the model number? This way I can make sure I look up your exact version. Normally it wouldn't matter. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
46
I'm sorry that this model seemed to be different. The correct part number is XXXXX I apologize for the mistake.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
With it being a differant model, are you sure it is still a board issue?
All the bosch boards operate on the same principles it's more a matter of display and size functions.