John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Do I need to programme the computer for Blodgett 3870 to change

Do I need to programme the computer for Blodgett 3870 to change the direction of conveyor motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

If memory serves, the conveyor drive motor has a drive shaft on both ends. To change the conveyor direction, you need to change the drive sproket gear to the opposite shaft from the one used now, which means the motor needs to be mounted in the opposite direction. In other words, the motor itself is not reversible, as it's powered by single phase electrical power.

To verify this information, I'll call my office tomorrow, and I'll post back to you.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have done that but it did not work as there is an error on the computer which I can change the speed of the motor.
I assume that there must be something to do to sychrosize the motor from computer side. Manual does not mention it. Please help.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
When you reverse the conveyor direction, you also need to reverse the polarity connections of the speed sensor, because the speed control board is receiving a wrong signal.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How to do that?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The speed pick up is attached to the rear of the drive motor, and it has two wires that are attached to the speed control board. The wire colors should be red(or some other color) and white. With the oven turned off, switch the wire terminals on the speed board.