Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I own an xl44 ge gas range purchased 1992. This range has

I own an xl44 ge gas range purchased 1992. This range has provided us trouble frre service until last week. When I set the oven temp to 350 degrees it only takes 3 to 4 minutes for the display to indicate it has reached set temp. at which time the burner cycles off. It normally take at least 10 minutes to reach set temperature. As a result of the probelm it took more than 2.5 hours to bake chicken that would normally take 45 minutes. I was able to make the burener cycle on and off by applying a cold wash cloth to the temperature sensor in the top left corener of the oven. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? Thanks Greg
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. The sensor you are putting the cold wash cloth on is most likely bad. You can test it with on ohm meter and it should read about 1100 ohms at room temp.(70deg F.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the acceptable tolerance on the 1100 ohms?
It should not be off by more then 50 ohms. At exactly 70 degrees f. it should be1076 ohms.