Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

The clean light on my maytag dishwasher flashes 7 times. The

The clean light on my maytag dishwasher flashes 7 times. The only thing it will do is drain if I push the cancel button. What does the 7 flashes mean?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you tell me what buttons you have on the control panel from left to right please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Heavy, normal, light, hi temp wash, heated dry and sanitize
ok hit the following buttons one at a time and you should be all set

Hi temp wash

Heated dry

Hi temp wash

Heated dry

Then hit cancel wait for the pump to stop. Once the pump stops you should be able to run a cycle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you that seems to have worked do you know what might have cause this problem. We have only used the dishwasher about 4 times?
it is a common problem with this make, it basically is the control board getting confused about the water temp. It wont happen very offten but i would write that reset i gave you down :)If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.Please don't leave negative or neutral feedback until you have tried the repair since this reflects my standing in this category. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.Thanks!Mike