Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

Water will not dispense in our LG Tromm Washer model #WM2487HRM.

Water will not dispense in our LG Tromm Washer model #WM2487HRM. All filters have been cleaned and I can get the valves to come on manually and in the rinse & spin mode along with the tub clean mode. But it will not fill in the normal mode. The steam function works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

Peter :

Hi, my name isXXXXX am eager to help you solve your appliance problems.

Peter :

Mounted on the main control in the left rear corner is the pressure switch, it has a small rubber hose attached. Check the wiring connections and lightly tap on the switch. Disconnect the hose and blow through it to clear any debris. Also if the washer has over suds or non "HE" detergent has been use it can damage the pressure switch or block the hose.

Peter :

To test the pressure switch with the washer off press and hold the "spin speed" and "soil level" buttons. Then press the "power" button. Release the buttons. Press the "start/pause" button to cycle through each test. Step 1 door lock. 2 tumble 3 low spin 4 high spin 5 water valve opens - display should show a # XXXXX 25-65 which is pressure switch reading. If the reading is not within those parameters then you have a defective pressure switch or hose (make sure you have blown through the hose first to clear it.

Peter :

Keep pushing the start button to step through the tests, there are 12.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we receive pay for our knowledge and time.
Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Peter

Customer:

Peter;

Customer:

Thank you for the information. I tried all that you mentioned but the washer will still not fill in normal operation. The switch and the tubes seem to be clear. In the maintenance program when I cycled through the various steps everything is working correctly and the display numbers are correct. After the maintenance steps are complete I can sometime go to the normal operational wash and it will start correctly and run through the wash cycle, but when that cycle gets to the rinse and spin part of the program I again get the 1E code and the washer shuts down. The washer works when I start the washer in the optional Rinse and Spin mode (and 18 minute program) and it works correctly in the optional "tub clean mode". It just will not fill in the normal setting in any mode, i.e. all of the various setting from the main washer dial setting. Are there any other test that I can try. I need to ask you, does the pressure switch operate with air or with water pressure. The line to that switch was dry. I took it off all the way to the bottom of the tub. It was dry mostly, only a little bit of water. There is a white fitting where a large hose coming out of the bottom of the wash goes into and then the small pilot hose come out of that and feeds to the pressure switch.

Peter :

It works with air pressure, as the water fills the tube it compresses the air.

Peter :

When you start the washer how soon does the "IE" error code appear and do you have 120 vac to the valves before the error code?

Customer:

Peter;

Customer:

I just ran the washer through it's paces and it seems to be working right now. I am getting the 120 volts at the coils. This last wash cycle that I just ran it ran completely through without a glitch. I am running another one now and it seems to be working. Not real sure what fixed it. But I am assuming it was that pressure switch. Everything is back together and we will see what happens.

Customer:

Thanks;