Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I Have a Whirlpool washer model GVW9959KQ2. No lights come

I Have a Whirlpool washer model GVW9959KQ2. No lights come on and nothong happens when I push buttons.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're sure the washer is getting power and no buttons give you a response like (lights or sound) then your machine control board or your in-line power filter behind the control panel is just shorted for one reason or another. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue.

To know which part to replace, remove the control panel and follow the power cord into the line filter. you'll need a multimeter to see if you get 120 volts coming out of the line filter or not. If not, replace the filter. If you do get 120 volts, replace the control board. Below is a link ot the filter.